Law & Policy
This section contains information on the law that protects whistleblowers, the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 (PIDA). Additionally it provides information on our policy and campaigns.
The section contains:
- A detailed guide on PIDA with practical tips for organisations and individuals.
- Legal updates on notable decisions
- Our Whistleblowing Commission and Public Consultation which has been set up to review the effectiveness of whistleblowing in the UK
- News on our campaign to reform the law via the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill
- An overview of NGOs around the world and international literature
- An index of all our policy papers by broad subject and includes our early policy work.
- Our document library
The links below take you to other useful material.
- Is the law protecting whistleblowers: A review of PIDA claims(2015)
- The Whistleblowing Commission: Report of the effectiveness of existing arrangements for workplace whistleblowing in the UK (2013)
- Whistleblowing: the inside story (2013)
For the latest on PCaW's policy objectives, please see our blog.